Executive Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Executive Administrative Assistants provide clerical and operational support to managers in a company. Oftentimes, these employees work on a one-to-one basis and complete multiple tasks as assigned, such as: liaising between executives and clients, taking phone calls, handling correspondence, referring queries, making travel arrangements, performing data entry, writing reports, holding presentations, and maintaining filing systems.
Our collection of cover letter samples for Executive Administrative Assistants reveals that the most sought-after skills for the job are:
- Secretarial experience
- Office management procedures knowledge
- Planning and time management
- Multitasking and prioritization of daily workload
- Tact and diplomacy
- Computer competences
- Presentation and communication skills
Comparable Executive Administrative Assistant qualifications are visible in the sample cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Executive Administrative Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Harris:
Upon learning of your posting for an Executive Administrative Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and efficient professional with executive administrative support experience and exceptional interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s goals and objectives.
My background includes performing diverse, high-level administrative operations while driving office efficiency and maximizing productivity. From managing correspondence and processing documents to generating detailed reports and coordinating human resources functions, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers and management teams, and encouraging effective communication and organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Providing comprehensive office support for senior executive staff—including heavy calendar management, scheduling, records maintenance, project management, and database development—while ensuring optimal office performance.
- Demonstrating a steadfast commitment to providing outstanding support within fast-paced, high-pressure environments while streamlining operations and achieving organizational objectives.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, prioritization, leadership, and communication skills.
My skills in general administration and organization, along with my dynamic collaborative abilities and my positive attitude and work ethic, position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Barbara W. Hansen
Executive Assistant Cover Letter Sample 1:
I am writing to express my interest in the Office Manager position that you currently have listed.
In the last nine plus (9+) years as a Commercial Lending Administrator, six (6) of which serving executive-level officers, I have developed the skills that ensure the highest level of competence, time management and confidentiality. Having worked in executive offices, I have a vast understanding of the importance in acting as a liaison allowing for the executives’ time to be maximized as well as assisting in any way I can in order to reach the company/executives’ goals.
Allow me to highlight my strengths:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) as well as various database applications and the internet.
- Experienced in bookkeeping, billing, payroll systems, requisitions, AP/AR, etc.
- Exceptional level of professionalism and award-recognized level of service to customers and internal colleagues.
- Unsurpassed organizational and streamlining skills as well as time management skills.
- Type >70 wpm and ten-key by touch.
Most importantly, I quickly learn your preferences, your goals and objectives, and I’ll do my very best to aid in the leadership of your company. I would appreciate the opportunity to present in greater detail the contributions I would make as your Executive Assistant.
Executive Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2:
I read with great interest your posting for the Executive Assistant position. I believe my career experiences and skills make me uniquely qualified for this opportunity.
I bring extensive experience in C-level administrative support, as well as entrepreneurial experience in handling all aspects of office management. In the role of Executive Assistant at my previous jobs, I wore many hats – serving as a personal manager, executive administrative assistant, travel planner, staff liaison, client relationship builder and public relations coordinator, in a fast paced, exciting environment. I was part of a great team and the company experienced tremendous growth and success. The CEO I worked for has since sold the business and retired. For the past several years, I have also been responsible for the marketing, communications and brand management at Backstrom Licensing International, a cartoon licensing company. I founded the company with a friend, and I manage all aspects of the business, from office management, writing content and managing the company website, to brand development, as well as serving as the Art and Licensing Director.
Due to the current economic conditions, my Backstrom business now is actually more of an entrepreneurial hobby, so I added another experience to my resume a little over three years ago. I am a Property Manager for the Lock Up Self Storage in Syracuse, NY, a premier self-storage facility. I co-manage all aspects of the facility – sales and business development, customer relations, accounts receivable, office and property management and much more. I consistently score in the highest categories of customer metrics, and have won numerous awards for performance and customer satisfaction. I’m proud of my accomplishments there, but I’m ready for more professional challenges and exciting opportunities.
As you can see, I bring extensive experience in C-level support, office management and a strong entrepreneurial background to contribute to the success of your company. Attached please find my resume for your review. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet you in person to introduce myself and discuss this opportunity. Thank you for your consideration.
Executive Assistant Cover Letter Sample 3:
Your recent posting for an Executive Assistant indicated requirements that closely match my background and expertise. I have attached my resume to provide a summary of my qualifications for your review. Throughout my career, I have maintained the highest performance standards within a diverse range of administrative functions, including being the “face to the public” and leading a team focused on improving company operations. Further qualifications include:
- Strong background in all aspects of office management, from scheduling meetings and coordinating travel to overseeing budget and accounting functions.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain comprehensive administrative processes that improve the efficiency of day-to-day operations.
- Knowledge of computer operations including all Microsoft Office applications, proprietary software systems and Internet research.
With excellent organizational and communication skills, an outstanding work ethic, and the ability to work well in both team-oriented and self-directed environments, I am positioned to exceed your expectations. I welcome an opportunity to meet with you to discuss my qualifications and candidacy in further detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.